How to Join the GLEN Bloggers
Purpose of the GLEN Bloggers
A number of GLEN members write blogs or want to write blogs. This collaboration is a writing support group that meets every other week. It's purpose is to catalyze each others' thinking about blog ideas, experience being appreciated by other GLEN members, and receive really good input on how to improve the pieces.
GLEN members who are working on a piece and want to share let the others know by email ahead of time.
Two blogs are considered in each call.
We begin with a personal checkin.
The blog piece is uploaded to Google Docs to allow everyone to scroll and take notes on suggestions.
The author then reads the piece while everyone listens and reads.
- A first go-around answers the question—"What is resonating for you about this piece?"
- A second go around answers the question—"What do you wish were in the piece or left out?"
- A second author repeats the process.
This collaboration is for you if..
- You actually do write or intend to write.
- You want to feel the support of a writing group.
- You don't need to be at any particular level of capability--it's more about your commitment.
- You are willing to be open, flexible, and respectful of the fact that writing is a tough process for most people and feelings are involved.